- Ninja Dodging (using our falls and rolls)
- Core Conditioning (including crucifix rolls)
- Rolling practice
- Rolls and Falls over and off of things
- Tobi Ori (jump from a height to instant roll)
- Sword Evasions: These come from my ninjutsu experience, and I have adapted them for use onstage. The complete series of sword evasions goes like so: 1. Overhead Cut -- Open like a door 2. Belly Darth Maul cut -- Either "Fosse" belly away, or collapse very low 3. Diagonal low-to-high cut -- lunge (and cartwheeel) 4. Decapitation -- duck and collapse 5. Cut to knees -- three-step knee evade 6. Cut to ankles -- ninja or tuck jump 7. Thrust to chest -- magic pivot: feet planted, open window
We'll do more with these, as well as do some blocking and Unarmed evasions next week!
We were vaguely considering a performance in Boulder on 8/14. It would be brief and in the evening, at the Laughing Goat coffee shop. Think about it, and I'll email those in charge sometime next week or the week after.
P.S. Um, what picture was I supposed to post up here? I forgot....