What a blast we had with Natalie's Twelfth Night cast of pre-teens on 7/22! Here's what we did:
- Warmup: Crazy Insane Burpee Sequence (one girl remarks: "This is kind of like yoga." Yes. Yes it is.)
- Falls: Forward, Backward, Captain Kirk. Lots of practice getting the falls quiet.
- Pushes, Grapples, and isolation
- Hair/Ear Pull
- Basic choke (from face-to-face)
- Straight Punch
- Straight Slap
- Cool-Down: Ninja Dodge-Disk! This was the funnest thing in the universe, and the kids got to practice isolation to boot!
Reminder: Chapter 3 is taihenjutsu, Chapter 4 is unarmed techniques in the book. :) Thanks so very much to Ken and Nick for stopping by and being awesome demonstrators and kid-wranglers. There was a very small blond child that was wandering around taking pictures as well--I have a feeling he'll be a photojournalist when he grows up. Anyway, I bet he took some seriously cool shots. I'll check Natalie's website and see if any go up there.
Thanks again, and I'll see y'all ARMED on Thursday! ~Jenn